Monday 12 October 2015

Kenilworth Castle

Wonderstruck by Warwickshire

It's not often that a travel post appears on my blog at this time of the year. As you've probably realized, I am an incredibly busy person. And although I love to pursue my passions, they're sometimes put on hold as a result of an increasing workload (aka. the life of a uni student). Well, that part of my life is over, now it's time to begin a new and even busier chapter. Despite not being able to guarantee that I'll still be able to blog consistently to infinity and beyond, I promise I'll try to squeeze blogging into my weekly schedule somehow...

The lone chair in Abbey Fields
Birds in the sky
The Claredon Arms
Hence why I'm here to tell you all today about my recent visit to Kenilworth Castle in Warwickshire.

Time for Tea tea rooms


Before entering
With any castle hunting trip, it's always important to begin with a healthy and filling meal (be it breakfast, lunch or dinner). Upon reaching the castle's vicinity, I made a quick stop at a lovely little local tearoom. Being only seconds away from the historical site, it made perfect sense to grab a bite at Time for Tea.


Quirky add-ons in Time for Tea

And, as the photo shows, I clearly had an absolutely delicious meal (plus good service that came with a smile). Feeling utterly satisfied all over, I hopped over to the castle with bursting excitement.

Delicious Salmon and Dill fishcakes

Kenilworth Castle

Arriving at Kenilworth Castle
I'm usually quite good at determining how much time I'll need to explore any historical monument (especially castles). However, Kenilworth Castle completely surpassed my expectations in the best way ever. From its magnificent Elizabethan Garden to the stunning Leicester Gatehouse (both inside and out), my visit lasted for a total of 3 hours (totally well spent). 

I'm a huge fan of history and exercise, and Kenilworth Castle managed to cater for both of these preferences.

Leicester's Gatehouse
The marble fountain, Elizabethan Garden
Stables Tearoom (serves the BEST cherry shortbread)
Aside from admiring the incredible views from all of the castle towers, I had a fantastic time chatting to other history and nature enthusiasts. It's always great to see others wanting to understand more about life outside one's bedroom window.





So, a quick message for all those that say that there's never enough time in a day to do everything. Time hasn't changed, it's the activities we choose to commit to that have. Choose and plan wisely and the sweeter aspects of life can definitely be experienced.

A panoramic view of Kenilworth Castle and Warwickshire's countryside
Hence why even a busy schedule won't stop me from travel blogging ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment